Friday, September 18, 2009

FILTHY FLY SKYLINES

Until recently, I've never been too crazy about living downtown. Now I can't speak for a cities like New York and Chicago, but I know that in Miami the Homeowner's Association fees are just rediculous. On a $400,000 Miami Beach condo (If you can find one that cheap without having to constantly mediate drug deals and dodge bullets), with a mortgage payment that is likely to be upwards of $2,100--- You can expect to pay $600 to $2000.00 in Homeowner Association fees (maintenance) per month. Bringing your monthly pay anywhere to $2,700, to $4,100. For a shabby one bedroom studio with an obstructed view of the beach, pharrell's 10 Million dollar Miami condo, Amber Rose's ass (well, you can google that), and if you're really lucky, Rihanna defending herself against Chris Brown. But that's just where the condo's begin. I don't know about you guys, but I just am not keen on paying $2,000 a month to have the grass cut.

I can't help but appreciate the New York and Miami Skylines though. New York's dark and looming skyline screams capitalism and power-- like, "I Wish you fuckin' chinese would try us...". Whilst the Miami skyline say's something more like "OMFG IS THAT A COACH OUTLET!!!", it's still quite beautiful with it's clean waters and modern architecture.

Here are the top five skylines in the U.S. accord to Forbes and Raime/Skyline Rankings :

1. New York City




2. Chicago


3. Miami



4. Houston



5. Los Angeles



And here's the rest of the of the list:

6. Dallas,TX & Atlanta,GA (TIE)

8. San Fransico

9. Boston

10. Las Vegas


Phoo-Phoo! To the sucky cities that didn't make the list. Hustle Harder, pay da bitch off, up ya wealth, and see ya on the list next year.


So which city skyline is your favorite? Why?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely NewYork, it's just something about the Abiance of it all that captures you. Who knew concrete could be so captivating!

Mickey said...

Most Def. Cardonell. Just looking at the skyline reminds you of a strong country, with a booming economy. "Ambiance" is definitely the right word to describe, it's like you can feel and hear the liveliness.

Great pic! And welcom to the WealthyKid!

Linda S. Silberman said...

NYC is the most beautiful...granted Miami is lovely but New York has soul. Plus it is one of the best places I have ever lived and I've lived all over! You will love it too when you come visit. xoxo

Mickey said...

I'm so jealous!!!! I can't wait to come thurr Linda... I just checked the flights and they are running about $600 for 5 nights at a hotel. It's that a good deal? Should I just come?

I do want to live in New York, but I have to finish all of my projects in Miami first...

Linda S. Silberman said...

You can get a flight on JetBlue for under 200 and you can stay at a hostel for less than $50/night in Time Square. Don't waste a lot of money on a hotel since you'll only be there to sleep, shower and change! If you came alone, you could stay with me too and it would be a great adventure for you! Buy you a subway pass, give you a map and off you go!!!

Mickey said...

Swwweeetttt!!!! Okay! So I can bum off mom! Coommmiiinngg!!!

Vibrant1 said...

I would have to go with the Atlanta skyline because I have actually seen it up close...it gives me this feeling that I can't explain lol When ever I visit I feel at home! Now I've been to NY and I didn't get to see it so that's why I picked Atlanta.

Mickey said...

@Vibrant1 U know, I've seen the Atlanta Skyline as I exited the I-20. It is really beautiful at night, but it doesn't move me as much. It doesn't span across a large area like other's on the list, but to each's own :-D.

Or maybe it's just because I have a strong dislike of atlanta? lol, just a boring place to me.

condo in Philippines said...

Very cool modern building, and beautiful.

Paula M

Mickey said...

Yes, Manila seems quite nice Paula.

Avida Towers New Manila said...

Wow! Awesome post you have here! Thank you very much for sharing! A very interesting topic. I think Houston is a nice place.